Technical Support Specialist – TPS & GNSS
SCCS are Leica Geosystems main UK dealer and part of the Hexagon group. We are a progressive company supplying survey solutions to civil engineering, construction and land surveying industries. We specialise in bringing innovative technology to market including the most advanced GNSS, mobile mapping, 3D laser scanners, UAV’S and total station solutions available to geospatial professionals.
ROLE AND PURPOSE :
- Technical expert providing support over the Phone, E-mail, Live Chat to customers and internal stakeholders for Leica Geosystems products including Total Stations, Digital Levels, SmartNet, HDS, GIS products, GNSS, Utility Survey, mobile mapping, UAV, Machine Control , BIM and related software
- Customer training including hardware or software
- Ensure continuous improvement in the level of support received by all customers, increasing customer satisfaction and maintaining service level agreements.
- Promote customer awareness of after sales products to maintain a seamless service, e.g. Customer Care Package’s, training courses, myWorld portal, etc
- Ensure all key tasks are carried out efficiently and professionally and support requests are logged into the incident database
Carry out testing of existing customer equipment, including troubleshooting hardware and software for faults and data quality control
- Promote an awareness and professional image of Leica Geosystems and its products
- Seamlessly work within technical support team along with internal departments, contributing to the active after sale service of Leica Geosystems
- To provide technical support and training to customers for Leica hardware and software.
- Proactively manage new customer queries and outstanding support tickets within the required timeframe to maximise productivity and quality
- Ensure that all queries are logged and updated in real-time
- Ability to adopt a professional customer facing attitude, providing concise, detailed solutions to problems
- Actively work to ensure positive feedback and customer satisfaction in the level of support received by all customers
- Report to Technical Support Team Leader any major customer issues and any incidents that may escalate to complaints
- Enjoy a challenging and diverse team working environment, ability to learn by provided training courses and adapting to change
IN ADDITION TO YOUR ROLE IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU:
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and integrate fully into the ethos and ethics of the team
- The ability to perform all duties in a positive and professional manner
- Communicate different levels of technical knowledge to varying levels of understanding in a simple and coherent manner.
- Strong practical problem solving capabilities and ability to quickly analyze, identify, define and resolve issues within a timely manner
- Have the ability to operate well under severe technical, time and customer pressures
- Add value to products and services through customer satisfaction and interaction
- Provide support and technical knowledge for shows, exhibitions, open days and demonstrations to company and distribution sales teams
- Maintain accurate records of all stock holdings and movements, both internally and externally
- Working closely with customer care and service department to ensure all procedures and systems are followed and maintained
- Confidence to work under own initiative and display good time management.
EDUCATION /QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Higher Education Qualifications – Survey/Civil Engineering with 1 to 2 years site experience or associated qualifications and or experienced based industry qualification.
- Proven experience in GNSS systems and software, total stations equipment and the use and application of such technology within the construction industry.
- A working knowledge of Survey/Construction instruments (GNSS, TPS, Laser, Leica preferable, but not essential)
- Awareness or working knowledge of design and data processing software (Infinity,LGO, Liscad, n4ce ,LSS, Cyclone AutoCad, etc)
- Experience of working within the UK construction industry (Civils, Road, Infrastructure)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to understand technical or mechanical issues related to Surveying and Engineering
- A strong aptitude to technology and associated software developments.
- An understanding of UK construction terminology and practices
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethic
- Strong sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability
- English fluent written and verbal
- Have fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Have working experience of using survey application, design or mapping software suites.
- Aptitude to new technology’s and developments for construction