Service AdministratorThe Role
This is a customer focused position is a great opportunity for an organised and self-motivated individual.
The key aspects of the job are:
- Booking surveying equipment in for service and repair
- Dealing with telephone enquiries/orders from customers
- Quotations to customers
- Liaison with the workshop/ warehouse/ external repair companies to coordinate repairs
- Maintenance of repair, delivery and invoice records
It’s really important you work well as part of this small, friendly team and this is an interesting and varied role. Candidates should be able to display good communication and team skills and an excellent telephone manner. Hours 8.30am to 5.30pm Salary £24,750.
Initially a fixed 12 month contract to cover maternity leave.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hire Desk Service EngineerThe Role
Due to continuing expansion we are currently seeking an additional member to our hire team to manage and process hire orders. We are looking for an individual to provide detailed technical skills to our hire team - ideally you will have a surveying or engineering background. As part of the training for this position there will be an initial role on our technical support desk. This is a fundamentally important new role on our hire desk.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Taking and processing equipment hire orders
- Arranging delivery and collection of orders in accordance with customer requirements
- Developing and maintaining detailed knowledge of hire instruments in order to provide comprehensive support to hire customers
- General ad hoc duties as required
- Hire stock management and control
- Strong relationship and customer service skills
- Tidy and organised
- Technical experience of surveying and construction
- Focused, self-motivating approach
Working days are Monday to Friday with hours 9am to 6pm. Salary £22,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Technical Support Surveying Equipment - Office Based
SCCS are Leica Geosystems UK distributor of surveying equipment, supplying many of the largest civil engineering and construction projects. We are currently seeking a highly motivated candidate in our Technical Support department. We want to provide our customers with the very best technical support we can and have built up a team of highly trained field and office support staff. This role is to support GPS, total stations, automatic and digital levels, laser levels and other surveying equipment. You will also be involved in on-site and remote customer installation, training and product quality assurance testing.
You should have experience in use of surveying equipment and site experience of surveying or civil engineering. A relevant degree would be an advantage and this position would suit a recent graduate with an engineering background. You will need strong interpersonal skills and be autonomous and proactive in solving problems. You will also need good written and verbal communication skills. In return we can offer a varied role, career development and a friendly work environment.
Please apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. A salary indication of between £25,000 and £35,000 and benefits are negotiable depending on experience. Please send your CV to email@example.com
Field Sales Engineer
SCCS are Leica Geosystems main UK dealer and part of the Hexagon group. We are a progressive company supplying survey solutions to civil engineering, construction and land surveying industries. We specialise in bringing innovative technology to market including the most advanced GNSS, mobile mapping, 3D laser scanners, UAV’S and total station solutions available to geospatial professionals.
Responsible for direct end user sales of surveying equipment to new and existing accounts. Work with senior management defining and implementing a focused sales and support strategy.
Present and sell Leica Geosystems surveying products. Provide product and application training for end users, demonstrations and technical support. Increase market share through the development of GPS business with new and existing contractors. Provide information to manager on competitive products and activities. Conduct sales meetings with customers.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Knowledge of surveying and construction fundamentals.
- Focussed, self motivating approach
- Desire to progress within a sales environment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ideally a graduate in engineering/ surveying. - Experience in a survey related field (setting out, engineering or topographical)
- OTE £40,000 plus company car and usual benefits. Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Machine Control Mobile Tech Support.
Machine Control is an exciting and innovative division of survey. Our Machine Control division is rapidly expanding and we are currently working in a number of construction environments including tunnelling, concrete and asphalt paving, roads, rail and bulk earthworks.
We are looking for Engineering Surveyors/Land Surveyors/Civil Engineers who have active field experience with RTK/nRTK, GNSS products to move into support of machine control with us. We are taking a flexible approach to this varied and exciting role and because this is a relatively new area we are looking to train and develop candidates therefore knowledge of machine control/guidance would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will have access to some of Europe’s largest projects, working alongside some of the most experienced engineering teams in the UK. Duties will involve on site support of existing systems, installation and training of new operators and office based phone support.
Candidates must be hard working, self-motivated team players with excellent communication and problem solving skills, including the ability to train staff at every level. You will support the sales team in providing information when required and in return you will receive all the benefits of working for a friendly company that embraces new technology. You will also benefit from the huge career advantage of gaining expertise in an area of survey which has a global reach and application as well as a transferable skill into many different economic sectors from construction to agriculture.
Salary will be around £30k plus vehicle and benefits depending on experience. Please send your CV and details of current salary to email@example.com.