SCCS & M&P Sales Manager
POSITION TITLE: SCCS & M&P Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sales Team
REPORTING TO: Sales Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
SCCS & M&P are a Leica Geosystems UK dealer and part of the Hexagon group. We are a progressive company supplying survey solutions to civil engineering, construction and land surveying industries. We specialise in bringing innovative technology to market including the most advanced GNSS, mobile mapping, 3D laser scanners, UAV’S and total station solutions available to geospatial professionals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role is to manage the non-industry specific combined external sales team of SCCS and M&P. You will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the sales team, ensuring efficient use of their resource in order to maximise revenue opportunities. You will be required to oversee, coach and mentor the sales team and support the Sales Director in providing accurate financial and product forecasts, as well as regular reporting of activity data from the CRM system. Alongside securing revenue from the sales team, it is vital to ensure we grow revenue in each of the industry and product specific sectors. This will mean a part of this role is to liaise with the relevant sales functions in the Building Construction, Rail and Monitoring and Heavy Construction industries in order to deliver the overall regional goals. You will be required to ensure all relevant Hexagon technologies are adopted to the chosen customer base and ensure that the sales team is aligned to those accounts and projects.
- Manage direct reports effectively to ensure their individual targets and company targets are achieved.
- Be responsible for the performance management of all your sub-ordinates; ensure each has a formal appraisal annually and monthly 1 to 1’s (all documented, and goals set).
- Pro-actively contact each direct report to help the motivation, prioritisation and direction of their workload.
- Provide on the ground support and strategic direction of direct reports.
- Assist Sales Director to develop company sales strategy.
- Assist with recruitment in field sales where required.
- Collaborate with all key internal stakeholders to maximize market share and to fulfil customers’ needs.
- Ensure effective account allocation and management and cross-company collaboration as required.
- Ensure direct reports maintain CRM system as required.
- Ensure direct reports adhere to processes and workflows.
- Assist the internal sales and business development departments of each entity to ensure effective flow of information to the external team.
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effective and consistent account management to maintain, develop sales and rental turnover and profit.
- Responsible for continued expansion among existing customers and identifying new targets customers and submarkets.
- Develop positive relationships with customers at all levels.
- Focus on ensuring we maintain excellent customer service levels and strategic insight.
- Take responsibility for managing a number of existing key accounts.
- Work closely with Sales Director to achieve company targets.
- Generating new sales using existing and potential customer networks.
- Promote the company’s technical expertise and ensure differentiation from competitors via promotion of product and service USP’s.
- Work with technical support team to ensure customer training and support requirements are met.
- Assist in developing and maintaining CRM system.
- Adhere to established processes and workflows and provide input on new processes and workflows as needed to meet customer requirements and business needs.
- Direct reports achieve their targets.
- Company’s GP1 forecast is achieved.
- Direct reports adhere to CRM policies.
- Direct reports complete all online training requirements.
The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out other appropriate duties. Therefore, this job description needs to be considered in the context of a developing and evolving service. The duties described here may need to be adapted to meet the needs of a changing organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE :
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and to tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in selling products & services to end users.
- Excellent people management and development skills.
- Proven experience in working in the UK plant and/or construction market.
- Experience and understanding of the equipment rental market.
- Knowledge of a wide range of surveying equipment with an understanding of the users of such equipment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels and functions.
- Entrepreneurial drive and strong work ethic.
- Strong sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability.
- Willingness to business travel.
- Adheres to Hexagon values.
English fluent written and verbal
Domestic travel will be required for this role
Fluent working knowledge of Office365, competence with Business Warehouse and CRM software solutions (e.g. Salesforce.com)