Monitoring Solutions Specialist
Hexagon is a global company operating in many Ecosystems. In the Urban Ecosystem Hexagon is closely linked to Smart Cities and Smart Infrastructure. These industries involve Digitally capturing the Real World (Reality Capture) and also working in the Digital World creating new designs and simulations in order to put back into the Real World. In these Industries one of the main sub-brands of Hexagon is Leica Geosystems. Leica Geosystems manufactures and develops hardware and software solutions for all “survey” related tasks such solutions as Totals Stations, GNSS, Machine Control, Lasers, Laser Scanners, Mobile Mapping, software, etc.
SCCS part of Hexagon is a channel to market for Hexagon in the UK. This channel to market promotes, sells, rents and services Leica equipment as well as training and supporting customers primarily in the Heavy Construction and Building Construction markets. SCCS have a long association of providing the Monitoring industry with innovative and productive solutions and are widely respected in this market.
In 2020 SCCS also started a partnership with Senceive. The UK market leader of wireless monitoring products. Along with our established brands of Leica Geosystems and IDS Georadar this allows the monitoring industry a one stop shop for all their requirements with a world leading profile for any monitoring project.
We are looking for people who are self-driven to succeed through a strong customer focused approach and a desire to foster opportunities for Hexagon and also passionate about bringing added value to our customers’ needs in the short and long term.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an excellent opportunity to join our monitoring team in the UK. The role will be a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a variety of tasks, problem solving and working as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate prior experience in the field of land/engineering surveying. Familiarity with Leica survey equipment would be preferable but by no means essential. Geo-technical monitoring experience of equal value for the right candidate. They will be directly responsible for securing business with and supporting end users who work within multiple industries. They will also directly work with the Hexagon (Leica Geosystems & SCCS) sales consulting teams to ensure project delivery and support for UK and Ireland monitoring projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Self-driven to undertake personal training and self-development on the monitoring portfolio and wider portfolio where necessary. Previous experience/ examples desirable.
- Developing a relationship with customers by offering solution advice, office / site visits and training. Previous experience not essentially
- Willingness to develop personal skills by conducting webinars and presentation on monitoring
- Promotion, sale and hire of all monitoring solution products through a consultancy sales process
- Training to end users on all SCCS monitoring solution products
- Create a pipeline of future opportunity and record in Salesforce CRM
- Record all activity and planning in Salesforce CRM
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure monitoring projects are delivered
- Be adaptable for occasional out of hours working
- All duties described may be adapted and are not limited to the above, to meet the needs of a changing organisation.
CHARACTERISTICS / SKILLS
- Understanding / proven experience of working as an engineering surveyor or in monitoring
- Experience using different monitoring equipment would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Leica survey equipment would be an advantage
- Commercial skills such as customer engagement and preferential selling / negotiation skills would be an advantage but not a necessity
- Self-motivated, able to operate remotely and upon own initiative
- Technical interest in IT
- Willingness to learn
- IT literate
- Full driving Licence
- Track Safety Permits for Network Rail and London Underground would be an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (internal and external)
- Excellent presentation skills - verbal, written and numerical
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Able to operate and demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
- High level of organisational skills regarding planning, preparation, execution and follow up.
English fluent written and verbal
Fluent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)