SmartNet is the first commercial GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) Network based on raw data from the Ordnance Survey GNSS networks in both Great Britain & Ireland. This network comprises around 150 sites, including additional sites from Leica Geosystems permanent nationally deployed GPS reference stations.
A Network RTK solution combines observation data at base-stations and at the Rover to generate RTK corrections for the Rover’s location. A user subscribes to the service by dialling in through the internet, in order to receive RTK-corrections to their Rover. These RTK corrections can be generated by more than one method; Master-Auxiliary corrections (MAX), Individualised MAX (i-MAX) and Virtual Reference Station (VRS).
The key advantages of using SmartNet are:
- No substantial purchase costs of a GNSS base station
- No time lost establishing a local reference receiver
- No security concerns at the reference station site
- SmartNet is available nationwide
- Guaranteed quality assurance and traceability
- Free of charge SmartRINEX download facility for post processing
|MPN||Leica SmartNet National GNSS Network Solution|